Menu Bar

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Little Brother's 2nd Birthday - Race Car Party

We just celebrated Little Brother's 2nd Birthday! Oh man where does the time go! I am already missing the baby stages and not enjoying the terrible 2 year old tantrums.

Little Brother is a race car fanatic all the way. It was clear many months before his party on what my theme would be. I started my Pinterest board (I mean is there any other way to do it anymore? Such amazing ideas!) and started planning! I wanted the party to be more race car rather than Disney "Cars" themed.

With a little help from my friends over at Shindigz I was able to plan, decorate and execute a super fun day for the Birthday Boy!

Here is the invitation I designed for the big event! I absolutely loved how it turned out and how unique it was. (Credit to my big sis for the key chain idea)

And here is my adorable and now 2 year old race car driver!
Most of the party decorations were made with simple and inexpensive plastic checkered tablecloths. I even used some here to make my entry sign borders.
The ceiling decoration is again plastic tablecloths cut in half and taped to the ceiling. I found this idea on Pinterest and have to say this really made the house feel like a party and was so easy to do. (Well minus my tape not sticking.) The one on Pinterest had a few more swags and I originally was going to do red between the swags but in my small house I decided it would be too much.

Favor bags for all the kids included a water wheel racing game, a gummy hamburger, Disney Cars coloring pages and stickers and Disney Cars band-aids. Each with their name on it and the saying "I hope you had a wheelie fun time". They were simple and cute and the water game was fun a different.

I found these cupcake wrappers and pick sets at my local TJ Maxx a few months before the party. I knew I had to have them and would be perfect for Little Brother's upcoming party. They turned out so so cute and I couldn't have been happier.


I made simple chocolate cake cupcakes and then topped them with an Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting, a full sized Oreo wheel and the car pick. I then placed them on a race track that we already had (another Pinterest idea) and oh my gosh did it not turn out just so adorable! Also no car party would be complete without spare tires (chocolate covered donuts) and dip sticks (chocolate dipped pretzel rods). I also had a jar of "spare parts" with black, green and red licorice to match the color theme and mini gummy hamburgers also completed the cupcake table.
A full pit-stop lunch was provided which consisted of pepperoni pizza, wiener wraps and racing wheel pasta salad. My wiener wraps were suppose to be little cars (thank you Pinterest) however as guests started arriving, olive wheels all of a sudden seemed less important. Hungry guests don't wait!

The motor oil stand was surprisingly a hit! No pit stop would be complete without it!
Here are some of the kids enjoying the party at the kid table! And a fun little car Big Brother and I made using an old tv box. I have to say it turned out pretty good!

Little Brother had his own special cake with a dirt road and who else but Lightning McQueen on it! He happily dipped, drove and used his car as an eating utensil!
  Happy Birthday little buddy! Looking forward to what this next year will bring! Love this little race car driver!

9 comments:

  1. What a cute party! And you have so many great pictures to remember it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Debby! I love planning the kids parties!

      Delete
  2. Jesi, Jesi, Jesi! You never stop amazing me, my friend! I can't even begin to tell you how amazing this party looks & I'm jealous that we don't like by you because I want to come to a party like that! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I forgot to mention the table. I love it so much! It looks PERFECT <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Disney fancyful Princess

    tamilynn59@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI my name is jannet I love you Keys chain idea for invitation I was wondering if you can help me do my sons or say website so I can order please contact me by my email address lamunecax5@yahoo.com thank you I high appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I was wondering if you could tell me where you got the racetrack at? Or brand? Mrsbuck0327@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi l loved everything im doing my sons birthday party this june and would love to know where i could get the keychain invitations done, i would appreciate it alot thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi l loved everything im doing my sons birthday party this june and would love to know where i could get the keychain invitations done, i would appreciate it alot thanks!

    ReplyDelete