I found and made the best recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Coffee Cake this morning! I found the recipe at The Faux Martha and changed just a couple things and oh my gosh is this good!
This recipe had a few more steps than I usually like, but it was worth it. I usually go for the one bowl throw it together simple recipes. But the pictures and simple ingredients made me have to try this!
Chocolate Chip Banana Coffee Cake Recipe
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp butter
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
dash of salt
1/2 cup butter (I used Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom of a 9 inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Make topping. Mix together all ingredients with fork until crumbled, reserving the chocolate chips. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
3. Brown butter in a medium sauce pan cooking over medium heat. Allow to cool.
4. Whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
5. Once the butter has cooled, stir in sugar until well combined. Whisk in egg, milk and vanilla. Add in mashed bananas and stir.
6. Slowly stir in flour mixture until just combined.
7. Add half the batter to the pan. Sprinkle evenly with half the topping mixture. Top with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining topping.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool completely. Loosen edges of cake and invert.
Did I mention this was so good and you must try it? :o)