Menu Bar

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Best Cookies EVER Recipe (Oatmeal Monster Cookies)


This is by far our families most used cookie recipe. This is the recipe my Mom made for me growing up and nearly the only cookies I make now for my family. This recipe is so easy and the cookies are so delicious. You can customize them a little by switching up the add ins too if you want.

These are a must have for traveling, camping or for a quick snack too. They are a hearty semi-healthy cookie that I know you will love too!

Monster Cookie Recipe
3 egg whites
2 cups brown sugar
vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup oil ( I usually use about 1 cup of applesauce instead. I also used about a cup of greek yogurt when I was out of applesauce too with great results.)
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 1/2 cups oatmeal ( I use the old fashioned oats)
1 cup chocolate chips

***extras***
I always add butterscotch chips to mine as well as the chocolate chips. Also craisens if I have them. I have also recently been adding pumpkin seeds. And M&M's are always a favorite to add as well.

Directions: Mix egg whites, brown sugar, vanilla, baking soda, oil (or applesauce/greek yogurt) & peanut butter. Stir until smooth. The stir in the oatmeal.
Now add chocolate chips and any other add-ins you would like.
The trick to a moist sticky cookie is the batter should be pretty sticky looking. Not dry and crumbly. If you feel it is too dry add more applesauce or yogurt.

Scoop with a cookie scoop or a small spoon and drop the dough onto your cookie sheet. You can shape them a little, but don't press and compact them. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.

7 minutes is just about perfect. You should see a tiny bit of browning on the tops but they will still look a big doughy. Once cool they will set up nicely.

Be prepared for these to go quickly! Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. These looks super delicious!! I love oatmeal cookies, they are the best :) Stopping by from SITS xo and your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look absolutely delicious! Thanks for the applesauce tip, no need for extra fat when not needed! Would love to add raisins to this recipe as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to have a recipe called monster cookies, similar but it had m&m's in them as well and there was something else and cannot remember now. They were excellent and I loved making them at Christmas time for everyone

    ReplyDelete