Menu Bar

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Love you to pieces - pinspiration

I had spotted this project on Pinterest from Nothing but Country. My husbands favorite candy is Reese's Pieces, so I knew it would be perfect!
Pinspiration from Nothing but Country
I found this fun little round jar that has just been waiting for a project and got it all cleaned up. My boys and I walked downtown to our market for the Reese's and I created and printed a little tag on photo paper from my home computer. I just used plain white printer paper for my band and wallah! Done!
I also glued plain white printer paper to the top so the boys could sign their names and put a date. Daddy can use this as a candy jar on his desk at work now too. 

This project was so easy, yet such a cute little gift from me and the boys! When my husband got home from work Big Brother couldn't wait and immediately sent him to the closet where he had hid the jar.

A tasty treat to end Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the amazing Daddy's, especially mine here at home!
__________________________________________________________________________
Update
I've had such an overwhelming response to this adorable and affordable project and many requests for a free printable of the "Pieces" tag that I couldn't let you all down.
(right click to download the image and when printing you can change the percentage to make it bigger or smaller depending on your jar size)

FREE printable "Love You to Pieces" Tag

6 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Is there any way I could download your design for the sign? Yours came out so perfectly and I wouldn't know how to do that!
    Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is just a wonderful idea! It is a nice way to reuse and give dad a gift that is sure to please. Hope you don't mind if I use your nametag wording! Thanks! I think I will start saving small jars to make little ones for Christmas baskets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Robin! Small gifts like this are always the best!

      Delete
  3. Love this idea! Working on it today. Thanks SO much for adding the printable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. I'm going to make it for my husband from my daughter. Is there any way you can send the label with "I" instead of "we". Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, I love your idea, I'm going to use the labels as door prizes for a Father's Day Luncheon. That was super thinking.

    ReplyDelete