Menu Bar

Friday, March 22, 2013

My PINK 50's Diner Booth

I've been dying to tell you all about my new dining room table. As part of our little makeover/remodel we are doing around here it was time to have a proper dining room. It has been used as my office, play space, sitting space, you name it, it has been everything but a dining room.

I wish I had some good before photos to show you. Trust me, it wasn't good. We had our love seat, a small table with stools and a rolling storage cart...not good at all.
Sorta somewhat before in the background

So began the search for a table that would fit our family, maybe a couple friends and most important the small space we have. We used to have a big pub style table and I loved it, but it was really just way too big and had too many chairs for the space. It sat in our garage for a bit until we finally sold it.

We talked about doing a breakfast corner nook idea but I just hadn't came across the perfect table set yet. And if you know anything about me, it is that I rarely go buy something brand new. Craigslist is my go to shop. But you have to be patient and not super picky.

I'd began to get bored with my local searches and I wasn't seeing anything I liked, so I started to look at towns nearby. One evening I spotted this pink diner booth in a town a couple hours away. Hmm could that be the one? Would it fit? Could I live with PINK?

I taped off the measurements on my floor and measured and re-measured as it was a long drive a big piece of furniture if we weren't completely sure it would work.

In the end, as you already can tell this amazing 1950's PINK diner booth table was "the one" and fits our space and family perfectly!

I had to do a little bit of scrubbing, and it has a few little marks and fading, but for being as old as it is it is in amazing condition. It was custom built for the home where we got it, so there is nothing exactly like this out there. And trust me, they do not make tables like this anymore! It is heavy duty materials and built to last!
Happy Boys


Dirty

To make the table even more of a score, was the young couple we purchased it from. Super sweet and friendly and someone I would totally be friends with.

So now that I've gone a little retro, I'm looking to upgrade my dining room light and can't wait to search garage sales this summer for some vintage diner pieces. And I actually don't mind the pink. It has grown on me and I love the authenticity that it brings!

1950's Pink Diner Booth = $120. Our happy little family = Priceless :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you know how I feel about your booth :) I'm so happy I got to be part of the "I think we're going to buy this, what do you think?" to this stage!I love it & it fits perfectly in that space. The boys look so happy with their new table <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that it fits your space so well. And it's certainly an original, what a conversation piece and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete