We recently went camping and I always like to make muffins for a quick grab and go breakfast and easy clean up. Big Brother and I had just picked a big bowl of blackberries and so blackberry muffins it was this trip!
I found this recipe at Simply Recipes, and modified mine a tiny bit to be a little more healthy. Although next time I might just use all white flower, because I know they will be melt in your mouth delicious!
Blackberry Muffin Recipe
• 2 1/2 Cups of all purpose flour ( I did one cup white and 1 1/2 wheat)
• 1 Tbsp baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup sour cream ( I used half and half because I was out of sour cream/yogurt and applesauce)
• 1 teaspoon milk ( I cut this out when I used the half and half)
• 1 cup sugar
• 8 Tbsp warm melted butter (1 stick)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 1/2 cups of fresh blackberries (if using frozen, defrost and drain first)
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan or line with paper of silicone cups.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, milk, sugar, butter and vanilla.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix together lightly just until moistened. Add the berries. Do not over mix!
6. Serve and enjoy!