Menu Bar

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Blackberry Pie Recipe

Blackberry season is nearly to an end already here in Oregon! We were invited to a BBQ this weekend and I was in charge of dessert. I was able to get just enough blackberries picked to make this fantastic Blackberry Pie! (so good I didn't even get a picture before it was eaten!)

Blackberry Pie Recipe
Crust:  I used the same crust recipe as found here in my Strawberry Pie recipe. I added about a half cup more flour and just a bit more of everything else to make sure I had enough crust for top and bottom. It turned out to be plenty.

• 2 Cups Flour
• 1/4 Cup Sugar
• 2/3 Cup Oil
• 1/4 Cup Milk

Crust Instructions: Mix the flour and the sugar together. Mix the oil and the milk together. Add the oil mixture to the flour mixture and mix with a fork until crumbly. Press about half to 3/4 into your pie pan. Leaving the remaining crumbles for the top of the pie.


Berries:

• 5 Cups of Berries
• 1 Cup Sugar
• 4 TBSP Quick Cooking Tapioca or Corn Starch

Instructions: Use fresh or frozen berries. I used 4 cups fresh blackberries and 1 cup frozen blueberries as I didn't have enough of the blackberries. In a separate bowl mix the berries with the sugar and tapioca/corn starch. Then poor the berries into your pie crust and top with remaining crust crumbles. (My berries look very wet as the blackberries were kinda soupy after being washed. If you use frozen they will look entirely different.)

Bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.

Super easy and so so good! I would love for you to share your results if you make this! Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. YUMMM! I have some blackberries still, I'm going to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see you mention Oregon, my heart jumps. I sure do miss it! This recipe looks wonderful! Our season is much earlier in the year so I have already printed this one out. I think that even I can make this crust and crumble without messing it up too much! I can just taste it with a dollop of homemade whipped cream or ice cream. Thank you for sharing and have a great and safe Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I am definitely going to have to try this at my dad's when I visit this year. He always has so many black berries!!! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun it is to pick blackberries and use them to make a wonderful dish like this pie. Thank you, Jerri Davis

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun it is to pick blackberries and use them to make a wonderful dish like this pie. Thank you, Jerri Davis

    ReplyDelete