Menu Bar

Friday, September 14, 2012

Ozeri Green Earth Wok Review

Shortly after Big Brother was born 4 years ago, I slowly started replacing my old Teflon pans to the new and much safer "green" pans. They have been great and I really haven't noticed a difference in cooking. I'd heard about Teflon chemicals and if there was even a slight chance of that happening with my pans, I wanted something safer.

Did you know that the nonstick coating "Teflon" has been found to release one or more of 15 different toxic gases when heated to certain temperatures? Which chemical is released depends on the temperature the pan reaches. This outgassing has been proven fatal to pet birds and can cause "polymer fume flu" also known as "Teflon flu" in humans. Um, yeah...no thanks!

I have a growing collection of green pans but nothing big, so I was happy to have the chance to review the Green Earth Wok by Ozeri.

This pan is amazing! It is 12" around and a nice deep wok. I don't have any pan that can compare to this. The handle is nice and sturdy and ergonomically designed, as well as being completely oven safe.

The ultra-safe smooth ceramic coating is completely non-stick and 100% PTFE and PFOA free. No harmful heavy metals or chemicals to leach in your food.

I made a super sticky Orange Chicken for dinner in my test run on this pan, you would have thought it was oil. The orange sauce beaded up and stuck only to the chicken! Yay! Clean up was a breeze! I literally just sprayed out the pan and ran a sponge around with a tiny bit of soap.


I also love the green color of the pan as well as the the magnetized induction stove safe base for rapid heat transfer. This pan will definitely see a lot of use!

As this is my second Ozeri product I've reviewed (see my Ozeri Brezza Fan Review) I see their products living up to their name and promise of quality.

You can purchase this pan directly from Amazon. Prices change frequently on Amazon, however right now the pan is on sale for just $38.95.

Find out more about Ozeri and their products on their Facebook page, as well as sales, specials, new products and more.
Disclosure: I received this product for the purpose of review. I did not receive any compensation for this review. The opinions in my reviews are my own, and others’ opinions may vary. This post was written by me and not edited by anyone.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, I have already gotten rid of my Teflon, this wok looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure my last comment went though My son has one of these and loves it. His is the wok as well.

    ReplyDelete