I thought it was a great idea and so did The Baker Mama. Her photos are so awesome and detailed and you can get a great printable recipe page from her site too. I switched up the recipe just a bit to health it up a bit, but guaranteed you will love these if you love Monster Cookies.
Monster Cookie Pancakes
approx. 16 pancakes
1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup greek yogurt or applesauce
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups milk
hand full of chocolate chips
hand full of craisins
mini M&M's or other extras of your choice (optional)
1. In a large bowl mix together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
2. In a separate bowl add eggs, lightly beat. Mix in the vanilla and yogurt or applesauce. Add the peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add the milk and mix until well combined.
3. Mix wet ingredients into the dry. Add in the chocolate chips and craisins and any other extras.
4. Lightly coat with cooking spray a frying pan or skillet. Over medium heat pour about 1/4 cup batter and cook until you see light bubbles around the edges. Flip and cook about another 2 minutes.
5. Serve with topping of your choice! We used syrup but they are nearly just as good with a dab of butter and nothing else.
They sound completely sinful, however they are actually a pretty healthy breakfast and packed with protein from the yogurt and peanut butter. Served with a side of turkey bacon and some fruit and you will be ready to start your day!