Menu Bar

Monday, April 23, 2012

Crayon Rocks Review


I am so excited to share with you this brand Crayon Rocks! You might think, oh just another crayon...but I can assure you these are NOT your everyday crayon. 

These are bright colored little "rocks" made right here in America from natural soy wax, using American-grown soy beans and colored with mineral pigments. This means they are non-toxic, vegan and have zero phthalates! YAY!

Since crayons are usually the first writing tool a child will use, each rock is designed and shaped to strengthen the tripod grip muscles. This prepares the fingers and hands for pen and pencil use. These are shaped so perfectly it is almost impossible to hold them any other way.


These little rocks have bright bold colors and one of the first things I noticed was how smooth they were and how effortlessly the colors glided across the paper. Almost if they were a paint or pastel. Both of my son's grabbed these up immediately and couldn't wait to start coloring.  Now they are small and could be a choking hazard so they are not meant for children under 3. However with supervision my youngest son who is 1 could easily hold these rocks and color with ease.

Crayon Rocks were invented by Barbara Lee after learning how important it was to develop early a good tripod grip. Barbara has been teaching children with special needs for 23 years and wanted a coloring tool that students with grip strength problems and disorders effecting fine motor control could easily use and enjoy. Parents and teachers of special needs children often tell her how much the children love them.

Crayon Rocks come in little draw string treasure bags. They come in either bags of 16 rocks or 8 rocks. Or you can choose a set of 64 in an eco-box. You can also choose if you would like a velvet bag or a muslin cotton treasure bag. Purchase Crayon Rocks here!


I think these are far superior to "regular" crayons and anyone with children should try these out. Not only are they better for your child, they will clean up and travel well too! I also think these would be fantastic favor bags for kids birthday parties!

Would you like to WIN a set of your own? Crayon Rocks was kind enough to send over a couple extra bags for my giveaway! So make sure you check back on May 22nd and enter my giveaway for the Shake, Rattle & Roll - baby, toddler & kids giveaway hop! 


Disclosure: I received this product for the purpose of review. I did not receive any compensation for this review. The opinions in my reviews are my own, and others’ opinions may vary. This post was written by me and not edited by anyone.

6 comments:

  1. Those are super cute! I am your newest follower from the Networking Blog Hop! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I can totally imagine these in an outside playhouse. (btw, came over through the blog hop...and glad I did!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like SUCH an awesome idea - Totally need to go get a set of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, these are awesome! I need some for my kiddos! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool.. My daughter will love these

    ReplyDelete