Menu Bar

Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's what's for dinner - Lettuce Wraps Recipe

As I mentioned in my goals for the new year, one of them is to try to break out of my same ol' same ol' dinner recipes and try something new. This is one of many to come of new family friendly recipes that we loved!

You will note that most often I switch up my inspiration recipe quite a bit. I usually only have "normal" everyday ingredients on hand and use what I have to substitute instead.

Also please forgive me for my food photography. I am obviously not a professional photographer but a busy Mom who can barely get food on the table in time for dinner, let alone snap a quick pictures before it is dished up and gone!

Here is my inspiration recipe from one of my favorite places Allrecipes.com.
Asian Inspired Lettuce Wraps

Ingredients
• Romaine lettuce leaves
• 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
• 1/2 large onion, chopped or equivalent in dried onion
• 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1/4 cup orange sauce
• 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• dash of red pepper flakes
• chopped peanuts
• 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
• shredded carrots

Directions:
In a skillet over high heat, brown the ground beef and onions. When nearly done, reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, soy sauce, orange sauce, ginger, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Cook a couple minutes and then add the peanuts and green onions.

Scoop your meat into a lettuce leaf, top with shredded carrots and a dash of soy sauce if desired! Fold and eat like a taco!


Even my boys gobbled this up! I also had leftovers the next day as a salad. I just chopped up the romaine lettuce and dashed a little soy sauce for the dressing. YUM!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment