Healthy Breakfast Cookies Recipe
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup flax meal
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups Oatmeal (quick cooking or old fashioned)
1/4 cup craisins*
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds*
1/4 cup sunflower seeds*
1 cup chocolate chips*
1. Mix together honey, brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl mix together flax meal, wheat flour, salt and cinnamon.
3. Then add to large bowl of wet ingredients and mix.
4. Now add your craisins, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips and mix just until covered.
Use a a cookie scoop or desired spoon size and make drops on the cookie sheet. These bake up firm in the ball shape. So you could press them down if you wanted a firm flat cookie.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes!
* You can use whatever mix ins you enjoy. I rarely use sunflower seeds but choose crushed almonds instead. You of course could also use raisins or any other nut or dried fruit!
|My little helper who thinks these are so yummy!|