Menu Bar

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Chris Mann #Roads Album Review

Having two little ones, a job, my blog and life in general.  It doesn't leave much time for watching TV in our house. I've heard of the hit TV show "The Voice" and I've even seen a few minutes here and there. But I couldn't tell you who the contestants are, or even who the past winner's have been.

I was offered the chance to review the new upcoming album by Chris Mann, one of the finalists of last season's show. Knowing nothing about him or his music I wasn't sure what to expect, however after listening to just one song I knew I wanted to hear more!

Now after listening to the entire album, I'd have to say I'm a new Chris Mann fan!  A beautiful strong voice that's a mix of classically-trained tenor and contemporary pop. The music is his voice. Nothing over musical or generic. His strong vocals come through loud and clear. 

I love solo piano music. Quite a few of his songs have beautiful piano background in them, so maybe that's what draws me to his music. I can honestly say I love each of the 11 songs on the album. Which as you know is rare.
Here are the songs on the album. A few of them are remakes of some great songs by popular artists. Think Lady Antebellum, Willie Nelson and Damien Rice and one with a special guest appearance from Christina Aguilera.

1. Roads
2. I Need You Now
3. Cuore
4. The Blower's Daughter
5. My Way
6. Unless You Mean It
7. Always On My Mind
8. On A Night Like This
9. Ave Maria
10. Falling
11. Viva La Vida

They are all so good that it's hard for me to even pick a favorite. I'd have to say Roads, The Blower's Daughter and Falling would be my top three picks.

I can see this new album being a great pick for Christmas gifts this year! I think no matter what your favorite genre of music is, you will find this album easy to listen to and to love.

The new Chris Mann, Roads album makes its major debut on October 30, 2012! Order one up for your collection or get a head start on gifts this holiday season, I promise you won't be disappointed. You can easily purchase (or pre-order) the album through iTunes or Amazon.com now!

This is a review opportunity from One2One Network. I was provided with a copy of the album and I am eligible for a prize drawing. All opinions stated are my own and written by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment