Menu Bar

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Carter's Watch the Wear Review


I recently just had my first experience with Carter's Watch the Wear kids clothing. Rather I should say I had my first experience with this clothing line with my boys. Chances are I wore clothes from this line growing up. And chances are, even if you don't recognize the name, you have too.

Why? Well because Carter's has been around over one hundred and fifty years! Yes that's right, wow! In 1859 Henry Wood Carter would establish the H.W. Carter Co. in Lebanon, New Hampshire. And that same year Abigail Carter invented the first ever Overalls for use on railroads.

Without telling you the entire story, the brand grew by leaps and bounds over the years and is rooted deep in American history and Americana. The people of Carter's Watch the Wear company strive to achieve something they can take pride in, and a symbol of quality in denim work wear. What was once designed for hard working men, is now made for everyday families.

Carter's Watch the Wear Review
You know if a company has been around over 150 years they must be doing something right. Although I was uncertain of what to expect for children's clothes, I was happily surprised when the outfits for the boys arrived!

I received for review the Blue Striped Hoodie and Pants set in 4T and Black Striped Hoodie and Pants set in 2T. The photos online don't do these outfits justice.


I was afraid the jeans were going to be the generic elastic waited jeans that are kind of puffy and don't ever really look or fit right. They were far from generic! These jeans look and feel the quality of any expensive name brand jeans. Snap top and zip fly. Nice detailed stitching. They also have the elastic button sizing on the inside waistband to easily adjust the fit. Which if you have a tall/skinny like Big Brother than you know this is a must have to keep the jeans up! I would say the jeans fit more like a slim sizing already though. Big Brother is 4 and on the tall side and the 4T fit excellent on him with a bit of length on the jeans. Little Brother is 20 months and average height and weight and the jeans were a snug fit on the waist and quite a bit long. However the 2T is a bit big yet in jeans for his age.

The Hoodie shirt is very nice as well. I would say it's only a hoodie in the sense that it has a decorative hood on it. When I think of hoodie, I think of a thick warm sweatshirt. This is a nice lightweight soft cotton shirt material. Nothing thick or particularly warm. And the hood like I said can be worn but does pull the shirt weird, so it is mostly for decoration. I love the layering of the sleeves and the colored band at the bottom. And the shirt also has a nice detailed stitching. The 4T shirt fit Big Brother excellent and the 2T on Little Brother did as well.


Nice comfortable, quality clothing for kids. And are you ready for the price? Just $12.99 for the set! Can you believe that! You can't even find a pair of jeans for that price!

You can get adorably cute clothing for any age group! Newborns up to 4T with some larger sizes coming soon! They also carry bibs, blankets and towels! Here are a few of my favorites!
Right now Carter's Watch the Wear is also having a photo contest! You can win up to $150 to their online store! And as I've told you their amazing prices, this could get you a whole lot of clothes for your kiddos! All you have to do is visit the Carter's Photo Contest page and log in with either Facebook or Twitter. Make sure to use the hashtag #Carters and #kidsclutterchaos to tag your photo to let them know I sent you! That's it! The contest runs through October 31st, 2012 so get going on your entries! Voting begins on November 1st and ends November 9th, 2012.

So make sure to follow Carter's Watch the Wear on Facebook. They will be posting about the contest, plus sales, new product and more!

WIN IT: Now as if cute, affordable and chances to win aren't enough! I will also be giving two of my lucky readers each a $25 gift card to Carter's online store! Entry to win will start October 25th in the Hoppin Halloween Giveaway Hop! So make sure to come back and enter!
Disclosure: I received this product for the purpose of review. I did not receive any compensation for this review. The opinions in my reviews are my own, and others’ opinions may vary. This post was written by me and not edited by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment