Menu Bar

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Coat Closet turned Computer Room

I'm so excited to share with you my new computer space! This is what has started the whole house redo/makeover as moving the computer from the living room has given us our living space and dining space back. And I can only thank Pinterest for the inspiring ideas!


My Father-In-Law was here today and put in the final missing piece of my makeover and making my new "room" share worthy! I'm sure from the title of this post you have already guessed, but I've turned my coat closet into my new computer room! I absolutely love it and it has made our entire house come together.
Before and all the junk that came from the closet!
The final missing piece was an electrical outlet. The last couple months I've been using an extension cord to the outlet behind me in the hall. It has worked but meant having cords and rugs and tripping hazards. Today the new outlet went in and it works beautifully! Special Thanks to my Father-In-Law. Big Brother's room did take the brunt of the damage, but totally worth it!


I took an old desk my Mom had made and I have used for years but was since just sitting in the garage, and cut the top to size for the closet. The legs of the desk just happened to fit perfectly so I didn't have to do anything with those. I put it together in the closet and it works perfectly.



I purchased a metal magazine rack and a metal shower caddy to hold my papers and desk accessories. I had an old tack board I covered with fabric and hung to put my important papers...or as you can see the boys artwork. My total cost for my makeover was $15 and some fresh homemade cookies for my Father-In-Law.

I love my new space. I can close the door when company comes and hide the mess or keep the boys out of it. Everything is contained and accessible and just perfect for our small house. The only thing I'd like to do now is get some cute bins for the top shelf or put up a small curtain to hide the storage.

Who needs a bigger house? Just get a little creative instead!

3 comments:

  1. I remember when you first told me about your idea for this! I love it Jesi! It turned out great! Some cute bins would be fantastic! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! When I was house shopping recently, one home had a setup like this!

    ReplyDelete