Menu Bar

Thursday, April 5, 2012

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - and my baby turns 1!

My youngest, my baby, just turned ONE in February! I'm not sure where the whole first year went. As happy as I am that he now sleeps through the night and is more independent, I truly miss all the little "baby" stuff. That said we celebrated his Birthday in style! It was a One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish themed party!


I always have the best time designing the Birthday Invitation. Sometimes I'm not sure if it is better or worse to do them myself. When you design them yourself your options are limitless and you can spend DAYS if not WEEKS coming up with the perfect invite. And in this case it was no exception. The invitation turned out perfect and so unique and it is always the best feeling so see your hard work in print!


Now you would think finding stuff for a Dr. Seuss themed party would be easy, especially considering the great Dr. Seuss' Birthday is only a couple weeks later. However that was not the case. I finally found Dr. Seuss fabric online at The Ribbon Retreat, and One Fish, Two fish stickers, pinwheels and fish cutouts at Michaels Craft Store. I just used regular tissue paper and made big puff balls and hung them throughout the house to make sure it felt like a party! I had also saved a bunch of my baby food jars and made jello aquariums I found here on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen's Blog. Now hers turned out WAY better than mine and probably tasted better too, yet mine totally make the cupcake tower perfect for the party!

Along with the jello aquariums there was soup, sandwiches, pasta salad and plenty of goldfish crackers to go around! Cupcakes were jello poke cake cupcakes (you can find the recipe here) with fresh homemade whipped cream for frosting. Each were decorated with swedish fish and a 3-d one fish, two fish sticker!

The Birthday boy also had to have a special Birthday outfit. I was lucky enough to find a One Fish, Two Fish outfit at Bumkins online and the best part was they had a cloth diaper to match! It was the perfect outfit, for the perfect day, for a perfect little one year old!

Happy Birthday little man!
















1 comment:

  1. What a fun birthday party! I loved Dr Seuss as a kid - Dad hated Dr Seuss & he had them all memorized! LOL

    Tina 'the book lady'
    I found you via Blog It Forward =D

    ReplyDelete